Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gone in a flash......Brownies

I could barely snap a photo of this brownie before I was down to the last slice.  So I made one more pan...I still wanted to take a better photo and I am finding myself down to the last row in the pan......again.  I cannot seem to keep up with the pace of eating this one.....i give up.  It is a handy brownie recipe to keep on file as it requires only cocoa powder.......no melted chocolate.  It is super fudgy too which is two thumbs up in by books.  I highly recommend you try just one piece of this one.......I dare you to try just one;) I would also recommend this recipe as a very good recipe for your kids to try as it is all in one bowl with no fancy instruction.

Brownies (brownie recipe from Mennonite Girls can Cook)
3/4 cup butter or hard margarine (melted)
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour

Melt butter or margarine and mix in the cocoa powder until smooth.  Now do the same with the sugar.  Mix in the beaten eggs and vanilla, and finally stir in the flour.  The batter will be thick, but do your best to spread this into a well greased 9X13 inch pan.  (I will next try this in a 9X9 pan as these brownie are pretty thin).  Bake at 350F just until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean.  In my convection oven, that is about 20 minutes.  Original recipe calls for 30 minutes of cooking time.....but I like err on the side of gooey when it comes to brownies.

No comments: