Sunday, April 29, 2012

Apple Cozy

I have been contemplating getting a subscription to Mollie Makes magazine off and on now for almost a year.  I had forgotten all about it until another swapper from Swap-Bot mentioned it.  When I looked into the price, however, it really made me think.  It is super expensive!!  I did purchase the latest issue off of the magazine racks this month.....so for now I will still keep thinking about it.  Although, I much prefer to hold on to a magazine.....the price reduction of the digital issue is marginally easier to swallow.  We shall see.  Before I picked up the issue that I did purchase......I tried out this cute pattern for a cozy apple jacket from a previous issue.  I am finding that I nearly always need to use a larger hook as my tension must be very.....tense:)  After two do overs with larger hooks.....finally I found one that worked up to the right size!  While it may not be entirely very functional....it certainly is fashionable:)  It almost makes me want to bring an apple to work......

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the apple cozy! You've just reminded me that these have been on my mental "to crochet" list for some time. Yours is so cute, I must make one now. ;o)

LittleRed said...

Hey thanks Katherine:) It's had been on my list for quite a while too....just because they are so darned cute.

Unknown said...

That is adorable if not very practical.
I came here from your Swap-bot site (I'm there as skron11).

Alison said...

Heather loves this one! If only she could read a crochet 'recipe' . . . you might need to return soon for knitting/crochet lesson : ) <3

Heather said...

I really do! So cute! I would make it but sadly I can't crochet. :'(

-Heather-

LittleRed said...

I have been thinking and thinking about a return visit...you have no idea. Hope you all are well!! We miss you all:)