Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Thrift Shopping

After a little bit of time in the thrift shops....I came home with this.  Now I just need some free time to work on some crafting projects.  I already started working with the crochet thread on a new project.  It has been on my list of things I'd like to make....hopefully it will see its way to being finished.  So far I have been able to follow the charted instructions without too much trouble.
As it becomes larger, the number of stitches in each round increases, and it becomes slower and slower going.  I also had to repeat two rounds when I discovered a mistake and had to rip it back.  Fortunately, with only one live stitch, it is much easier to rip back crochet than knitting.....and all it cost me was a little bit more of my time.  This is such a cute project.....I hope I can see my way to the end without problem.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Crafter's Delights said...

Great thrift store finds! Good luck on your project! xoxo, Amy