Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finished Object and a Pavlova

Clearly I love this pattern. This is the third one of these hats I've made now.  The pattern is getting easier, and this one....as well as the second one...was made with beautiful yarn.  This time it's Manos of Uruguay Maxim in the colourway 'fire'.  Perfectly soft and with subtle changes in the colour tone to give it a little more depth.  Made for no one in particular, I will have to set it aside until I find someone to make use of it.
My family seems to have recovered from a bout of Norwalk virus that has been making its way around and brought all to a halt last week.  Finally, many days later, I felt like I could do some cooking again and we had a proper dinner and a Pavlova which my DH had been asking and asking and asking for.  It turned out thoroughly yummy and I could have turned right around and started making another.  But then, there are the left over yolks now.........I just need to figure out what to do with them.....hmmm any ideas???  I've read sponge for trifle as a suggestion and may give that a try??  Left over yolks aside......the trifle was delicious and had the most marshmallowy soft interior......
YUM:)  I'll definitley be making one again.....and next time I think I'll try banana split toppings.  If you'd like to try your hand at a Pavlova try this recipe.....It's very basic and super easy!!

3 comments:

Crafter's Delights said...

mmm! The pavloa looks soo delicious!

Alison said...

Looks super yummy! Well done : ) As for your yolks, what about lemon curd?

LittleRed said...

Thanks! It really was delicious:) Lemon Curd...might just be the thing! Thanks Alison:)Hope you are enjoying the last of your summer!!!