Sunday, July 31, 2011

Perhaps the Easiest Socks Ever

I finally finished up the socks I started while on holiday.  I've been wearing them around..... trying to decide what I think of them.  I think I will knit another pair...the pattern was very, very easy....the perfect nearly mindless knitting for traveling.  Next time though, I will use a smaller needle as these feel a little looser than I'd like.  Knit with Berroco Vintage in Colour Way 5192 'Chana Dal' with 4.5mm dpns, and pattern from Ann Budd from the2009  Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts Magazine.  
If you only buy one issue of Interweave Knits during the course of a year....the Holiday Gifts Issue is The One To Buy!  The recommended yarn for the project was Louet Gems Worsted which I was not interested in as it had no nylon content.  Who wants a pair of hand knit socks that aren't going to last.   And if you are gifting them....chance are not good that the receiver will be interested in darning them if they get a hole in them.  One skein of Berroco Vintage made with only inches of yarn left to spare.
This is really a great pattern for the first time sock knitter.  It knits up quickly, is a fairly easy pattern and they have a bit more interest than a very basic plain knit sock.

No comments: