Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Busy Weekend

It was another busy weekend!  Saturday morning brought a request for waffles........which normally I would have prepared for the night before........but given no advanced notice this time.....I decided to try the quick waffle recipe from the Belgian waffle maker cookbook.  It called for baking mix, which is something I have never bought and I really didn't feel like going to the store....plus what would I do with the remainder of the box????  So I decided to make my own.  I used this recipe  following the  instructions for waffle batter  (it was the same recipe as the one from the Waring  Waffle cookbook anyway) and made a half recipe which was more than enough.  Ike did not even notice the difference......but of course DH did.  So I guess I'd make them in a pinch.....they were ok.  But I'd agree with DH.....the yeast recipe for Belgian Waffles is better....The extra is now in a zip lok bag in the fridge waiting for it's next use. 
Then on Sunday, after a few hours at the snow board hill I decided I'd better make some progress  on this old project.  So here we have it....progress.
Now it just needs to be bound.  Stay tuned for the finished picture within the next few days.  Hopefully without help from the cat:)

No comments: