Monday, April 12, 2010

Slow Progress

I am making some progress......slow as it may be.  After two years of searching out vintage sheets to have enough variety to do something with.........I finally started cutting.  It is clear to me now if it wasn't before.....that I am a planner.......sometimes not so big on the execution.  That's why I like craft swaps....it's those sending dates.....I need them!  Without a promise or obligation to complete a given project at any particular time.......the project might lay uncompleted for years.  This vintage sheet quilt project has been on my mind for a long while now and hopefully since I have no completion date......it will get done.
I've got over 150 (6 1/2 inch) squares cut now from over 20 different sheets, (thank goodness for rotary cutters) and I'm getting anxious to arrange them in a pleasing layout and to choose a binding colour.  I had a really fun time accumulating these totally groovy sheets........the pattern that I had on my bed when I was little is even among these.....can you guess which one??  Do you see any that you recognize??  Tomorrow I start sewing......hopefully.  Sewing the quilt top will be OK, I'm not worried about that....but I am stressing....yes stressing about free motion quilting.  Never tried it before and I am getting very nervous about it!  So if you never see the finished project from this neat little pile up on the blog.......please bug me about it, so I finish it:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what it looks like when you finish. I especially love the orange patterns!

LittleRed said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes as planned....it should be done in a week (I hope)