Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall is Here and it's Fabulous

It's amazing how quickly the weather can change.........I guess it is fall already........and we have been very lucky this year with the best summer I have ever seen here in 16 years. So I cannot complain. Plus I LOVE FALL. It's gorgeous colours, it's interesting smells, it's fresh brisk temperatures, and of course it offers a backdrop to cooking soul warming family recipes to be enjoyed by the fire....it's all good. The above photo was taken last week in the heart of another unusual warm spell (28C) and a few short days later............temperatures are dropping and leaves are turning like crazy.
It's starting to look like fall.......and in no time at all it will be time to start preparing for Halloween. For me this means making a Halloween costume for Ike (he'll be a little devil this year...watch for it soon), making some new tombstones to add to our collection, and replacing all the chocolate bars that have mysteriously vanished from those purchased last month for Halloween treats..........(32 full size bars and counting......shhh....don't tell my mother) I hope you are enjoying your change in seasons as much as I am:) If you'd like the experience the Fabulous Fall Feeling that we are check out this video ........it pretty much sums it up. If you notice the little girl in the video with the pig tails..........I had pig tails like that when I was little..........and my brother used to grab hold of them and try to drive me around the house like a motor cycle. That's right BROTHER..........I remember........and when you least expect it.........I'm just saying........watch your back!

1 comment:

carole brungar said...

Gorgeous photos Debbie!!