Thursday, April 2, 2009

Look What the Mailman Brought :)

I've had a pick up slip from the post office sitting on my front hall table for the last few days. Just waiting for the right moment to pick it up. It didn't look like it was going to happen today.....because it snowed AGAIN! But as the day wore on the snow on the roads melted and it became safe to drive. Lots is going on with the school's next social event coming up tomorrow, so after meeting to discuss last minute duties, I hopped over to the post office and collected this little package. I've been patiently awaiting its arrival for the last two months. It came all the way from Australia, and arrived today without a scratch! I've been wanting a tennis set or snack set for some time now and this one fit the bill. I got to try it out already with a new cookie recipe I found here while checking the blogs. Nice cookie.....very fudgey! I was being pestered to fill up the cookie jar.......and while this recipe didn't fill it....it did make enough to not have the cookie jar feel so empty. For me the recipe made 30 nice sized cookies and they did not flatten out too much in the baking so it's a good thing I flattened them by hand before baking! I found at 350 F (using convection) they were done in 8 minutes. Next time I'll try even a few minutes less to get a more chewy center.
Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies (Julie Le Clerc Magazine)

125g butter
1 ¼ c brown sugar
1 egg
1 c flour
¼ c self raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp ground ginger
1/3 c cocoa powder
¾ c chopped pecans
¾ c chocolate chips

· Beat together butter and sugar , then add egg
· Mix in all dry ingredients and then the pecans and chocolate chips
· Roll into balls and put on tray, leaving room for spreading
· Flatten slightly and bake at 180c for 15-18 minutes
Cool on wire racks

3 comments:

Scatteredmom said...

Mmmm those look yummy. I really love the tea cup set though, so cute!

I'm on the hunt for a cookie jar myself. I need one that has a rubber seal in the lid so the cookies don't dry out. So far I haven't had any luck.

Zion Girl said...

I love the tea set. I don't think I've ever seen one like that. Lovely new addition to your collection.

Lynn S. said...

Very pretty little tea set you found! Lucky you! Guess it's time I go out to the local thrift shops to see what I can see too?? sm...Gonna try the recipe too. Thanks for sharing them with us!