Monday, August 11, 2008

What a Cool New Toy


What a cool new toy I was lucky enough to receive for my birthday this year. It's a Garmin 405. It's sleek, compared to older models, and functional. It really geeks up your run just a little bit. It is fairly easy to figure out, and gives a lot of useful information while running. Frequent updates keep you in the know on your pace or speed, time elapsed, distance traveled, and it communicates wirelessly with your computer once it's close enough to do so. The Google map of your run that it generates on the computer is pretty darned cool too. At $350 for the model including the heart rate monitor (which I have not yet tried out) it is not an inexpensive toy. But you may find it very worth while if it's information you'd like to have. While I acknowledge that the amount that I run does not warrant this expense, I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth.

No comments: