Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bumbleberry Pie


Another pie........Since there is nothing left of the Peach & Blueberry Crumble......and my fridge was still overflowing with berries, I decided to make one more pie. This time I was using up odds and ends so it's a Bumble Berry mix, but I think it's going to be good! It's Saskatoon, Blueberry, Black Currant, and Raspberry. To use up all those berries, I needed to use the deep dish pie plate, so I used roughly the same recipe as for the Saskatoon Pie with a closer to 6 cups of berries, and a little extra water and a smidge more of cornstarch and sugar. I'll let you know how it tastes when I cut into it.
Now I know when you add black currents to the mix....you need to add a lot more sugar. It was OK, but quite tart and really needed a scoop of vanilla ice cream to balance out the tartness. But with hot weather we've been having.....that's OK too!

No comments: