Friday, July 4, 2008

Baby It's Hot Out Here


It has been HOT! I will not complain.......since I'm sure that I do complain enough when the winter drags on. It sure is nice to have some decent summer weather, so we'll just take it as it comes. Perfect weather for snow cones:) This cute little ice shaver (Snow Cone maker) was a unplanned purchase from XS Cargo on a trip through Calgary last May. There are plenty of recipes online to make syrup so you don't have to worry about where to buy it, and it's dead easy too. Take one cup water and 2 cups sugar and boil one minute until the sugar is dissolved. Add one envelope of Kool Aid unsweetened drink mix, stir and let cool. Once it 's cooled, it's ready to use. Thanks to a stack of plastic Tupperware cups that were left to me when my good friend moved away:( I'm ready to serve up snow cones to the hot and sweaty neighbours. Maybe even with a splash of vodka.

No comments: